Perhaps no virus has been more devastating over the the past few decades than the deadly COVID-19. And for sure, it will be registered on the annals of history for the future generations to come.
The inspiration to write this blog came one evening as I joined my mother church in an online prayer service; owing to the coronavirus pandemic. Five things the Lord taught me which I would like to put across in this blog;
1. The first thing the Lord wants us to know during these times is that man in himself is helpless and that there is a limit to human wisdom.
2. Again; these times for the believer is a trial of faith as it represents a time of shaking of the nations, something the Lord Himself will use to draw men to Himself.
Haggai 2:7 “And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill this house with glory, saith the LORD of hosts.”
1 Peter 1:7 “That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ”
3. In these times God has poured out so much grace amidst the trouble, for every trouble God gives us double honor.
Romans 5:20 “But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound.”
4. The Lord desires that we know Him more as the outbreak of this pandemic will end because of the influence of the church and not Science.
2 Chronicles 7:14 “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”
5. Don’t entertain fear; because He gave us not a spirit of fear. Fear keeps us in bondage especially to the wiles of the devil.
2 Timothy 1:7 “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”
May the good Lord be with you, May He continue to keep you and may the name of the Lord be a strong tower for you, May you run under it and may you be kept safe, you and your family, even now and forevermore.